Friday, September 11, 2009

Relate, and Don't Hesitate

Today, after another "spa" day at the beach (and, just to note, I'm swimming better every day), I am so beat I can hardly move.

The good kind of beat, if you know what I mean...

So, I've had some time to look around the living room walls and check out some of the artwork my mommy has around.


As I scanned the room a bit ago I liked what I saw. You know, bright colors and stuff, but when I got halfway around the room (which isn't that big to begin with), I saw this painting of this HUGE PINK CAT...

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but not only do I not generally like cats (because they never want to play with me:(, but I also am not particularly fond of the notion of a pink cat.

I was all "in my head" about this, thinking about how not only does my mother have no taste in artwork, but also, that it was quite rude of her to think that bringing a painting of a pink cat into our home might be at all appropriate...

Hmmmmm...

And so, it was with my agitation that I began to hobble my little legs over and look at the picture more closely.

I saw some words on the bottom of the painting...

Got a little closer...

Closer..

And BANG, there it was....the letters S A M ....SAM
at the bottom of the painting..

I thought and thought and then I got the message.

My Mom had gotten that painting not to torture me, but because she loved that it had MY name on the painting...

Today's Challenge: Identify with Someone You Don't Necessarily Understand...It will help you like yourself better too. Oh, and, when you are convinced that someone is "out to torture you" by his/her actions, maybe, um, give him/her the benefit of the doubt today. You may be surprised at what you find...

2 comments:

  1. I am going to identify with my husband. Because he is someone who I do not typically give the benefit of the doubt. And because I am behind on your challenges I am going to get off my backside and do something that will make me smile & hopefully my husband too. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS YOU BCxFour..Isn't it amazing that the people we most identify with some days are the people right under our noses...
    have a wonderful saturday!

    ReplyDelete