Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oopsie

Sometimes you need to learn that saying you are sorry EVERY TIME you make the same mistake just doesn't cut it:)

The answer is CHANGING the behavior.

Boy, did I learn that the heard way last night.

I have a tendency to REALLY like when my mom and Yvonne are home ALL the time.

Since they are home bodies, that doesn't seem to be a problem for me most of the time.

But, yesterday, it was a rare case that they were gone a lot during the day.

Well, I didn't like that things were not going my way, so I pottied all over the bed.

Oops....

I mean, Yvonne loves me like so much it is hard to put into words, but she was so angry that I pottied yet again on the bed (like the fourth time in a few months) that even she was not wanting to play with me last night..

And Yvonne ALWAYS wants to play with me.

I even tried my cute and charming tactic, which is sitting on her chest and trying to smooch her right on the mouth, but even that didn't work.

What I learned from this was something positive though.

Continuing to play kissy face when I literally "leave my mess" all over another person's day PROBABLY isn't going to fly any longer.

I may be cute, but sometimes my behavior isn't.

Today's Challenge: Don't apologize today, do something different. That is FAR more of an "I"m sorry" than words will ever be. I know it, too, because I have been a good girl ALL day today and guess what? I got to go to the park and for a long walk. When we change our behaviors the good DEFINITELY outweighs the bad.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sam, how I love your four-legged, wagging-tailed philosophies. Imagine, change behavior and the whole world changes, right before my eyes. Thank you for your lesson today.

    PEACE!

    --Bow-wow-a-roni
    (steveroni)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. It's never too late to learn new tricks (=behaviors).

    ReplyDelete